Coutinho admits his interest in Barcelona

Liverpool Forwarder Philippe Coutinho admits he had interest in a move to Spain.

Coutinho confirmed his interest in a move to Barcelona last summer and is not sure of what the future holds for him at Liverpool.

The Brazilian almost moved to Spanish club side Barcelona in August, but was turned down severally by the Reds.

The Forwarder said: "I do not know how the future is going to be."
"What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer."

The 25-year-old signed a five year contract extension for the Reds at the start of the 2017 campaign.

Barcelona target the star after selling his fellow Brazilian Neymar Jr to Paris St. Germain for £200m, a world record fee.

Liverpool rejected bids from Barcelona many times, insisting that the play-maker was not for sale. Even when Barcelona re-ignite their offer to £114m, still Liverpool stood by their words.

Coutinho has scored 9 goals in 13 appearances so far this season, including the Champions League hat-trick in Wednesday 7:0 thrashing.

He continued: "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

"I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters,"

Comments